Believe it or not, it’s been half a year since the Yankees played a real baseball game. Back on October 6th, the Yankees sent rookie pitcher Ivan Nova against the Tiger’s 2011 breakout pitcher Doug Fister. It all ended in yet another Jose Valverde obnoxious save, a 3-2 loss to end the Yankees’ season in the Bronx.
182 days later, we have a new season. The team lost their prized position-less hitting prospect, and gained one of the most promising arms in the game. The Yankees said goodbye to Jorge Posada, Jesus Montero, A.J. Burnett, Bartolo Colon, Hector Noesi, and Luis Ayala last year, and this year we get a crop of promising replacements in Michael Pineda, Hiroki Kuroda, Clay Rapada, David Phelps, Chris Stewart, Raul Ibanez, and Andy Pettitte. This is a team that has maintained its offensive prowess, and refurbished a questionable pitching staff. Today, the new and improved Yankees replay game 162, where in extra innings, the Rays beat the Bombers in Tropicana and pushed the final domino in the Red Sox collapse.
|Derek Jeter SS||Desmond Jennings CF|
|Curtis Granderson CF||Ben Zobrist RF|
|Robinson Cano 2B||Evan Longoria|
|Alex Rodriguez 3B||Jeff Keppinger DH|
|Mark Teixeira 1B||Sean Rodriguez SS|
|Nick Swisher RF||Carlos Pena 1B|
|Raul Ibanez DH||Elliot Johnson 2B|
|Russell Martin C||Jose Molina C|
|Brett Gardner LF||Matt Joyce LF|
Joe Girardi sums up his own take on Opening Day saying, “Very anxious, I think you look forward to this day from the day we get to spring training. I’ve actually been looking forward to it since last year. We had a good spring training. I was happy with it. We got everything done we needed to. Now it’s time to play for real.”
The first pitch is scheduled at 3:10 pm on YES.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees