Given the Yankees luck with injuries thus far, many were left incredulous at the sight of Nick Swisher being helped off the field yesterday – particularly those of us who remembered the groin woes that sidelined Swisher for a portion of Spring Training. Thankfully, the jovial slugger isn’t likely to miss more than a week or so, per Girardi – though Swisher is eying a Thursday return date, perhaps with the hopes that a strong performance will result in a buffet of succulent Kansas City barbecue.
On tonight’s pessimistic agenda, however, we see the corner outfield positions manned by Eduardo Nunez – he of 18.1 professional innings in the outfield – and Raul Ibanez (whose mere presence in the outfield may well be a violation of Hiroki Kuroda’s human rights). The pragmatist in me suggests that Nunez’s speed and strong arm will be an asset in the outfield, and I do think that some folks in the know must have a fair bit of confidence in his abilities to toss him to the wolves like this. Moreover, even the most casual viewer has noticed that Nunez tends to rush his mechanics in the infield, perhaps at the sight of the runner tearing down the line … the ability to “relax,” comparatively speaking, and be involved in fewer plays may be a boon for all parties. Here’s hoping.
|Baltimore Orioles||New York Yankees|
|Nolan Reimold, LF||Derek Jeter, SS|
|J.J. Hardy, SS||Curtis Granderson, CF|
|Nick Markakis, RF||Alex Rodriguez, DH|
|Adam Jones, CF||Robinson Cano, 2B|
|Matt Wieters, C||Mark Teixeira, 1B|
|Chris Davis, 1B||Raul Ibanez, RF|
|Wilson Betemit, 3B||Eric Chavez, 3B|
|Mark Reynolds, DH||Russell Martin, C|
|Robert Andino, 2B||Eduardo Nunez, LF|
|Jason Hammel, SP||Hiroki Kuroda, SP|
The first pitch is scheduled for 7:05 PM on YES – let’s go Yankees!
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees