Derek Jeter, SS
Nick Swisher, RF
Robinson Cano, 2B
Alex Rodriguez, 3B
Mark Teixeira, 1B
Curtis Granderson, CF
Andruw Jones, LF
Eduardo Nunez, DH
Chris Stewart, C
CC Sabathia, SP
Ian Kinsler, 2B
Elvis Andrus, SS
Josh Hamilton, LF
Michael Young, 3B
Mike Napoli, 1B
Nelson Cruz, RF
Yorvit Torrealba, C
Brandon Snyder, DH
Craig Gentry, CF
Derek Holland, SP
Tonight has the makings of a potential pitcher’s duel, at least insofar as a pitcher’s duel can occur in the Ballpark in Arlington.
The Yankees offense is lacking a bit of punch, as Russell Martin has a much-deserved day off, Brett Gardner is still on the disabled list, and Raul Ibanez will sit against a rather talented southpaw – meaning Eduardo Nunez and Chris Stewart will be batting eighth and ninth. Then again, Nunez is sporting a 1.000 OPS thus far (though he has scuffled against LHP, batting an empty .400 thus far … small sample sizes!). The Yankees will face Derek Holland (check out Michael Eder’s scouting report), who appears to be consolidating those tantalizing flashes of potential from the past three-plus seasons into a breakout season … and giving a bit of hope to those who are still enamored with Hughes’ potential.
CC Sabathia, fresh off his best start of this fledgling season, will face a Rangers lineup sans Adrian Beltre … and an uninspiring trifecta in Torrealba, Snyder, and Gentry at the bottom of the order. One through six remains relatively horrifying, though.
That being said, I would likely take the over on even the most pragmatic line.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees