The Yanks are 0-2, and panic is setting in all across the Yankee blogosphere. Pineda’s on the DL, Kuroda was awful last night and the manager is a flaming idiot. It’s easy to think all the offseason moves are backfiring and that everything that could go wrong, will, at a time like this. But we need to separate the noise from the trend, and the trend from the big picture. To help us do that, I’m going to run this CTHSS series on Sundays for the next few weeks, or at least until we get enough data that I can start running my “Keeping up with the ex-Yanks” posts in May. Shall we proceed?
-Colby Lewis leads the AL with a 13.50 K/9 (career 7.62)
-Carlos Ruiz leads the NL in batting with a .667 average
-Kendrys Morales and Nick Markakis are tied for batting average in the AL at .714
-Morales and Markakis are tied atop the AL in WAR, and are each on pace to post 81 WAR seasons for 2012
-Gio Gonzalez has a 14.73 K/9 and a 9.82 ERA
-All glove, no bat Carlos Gomez has a .500 fielding percentage
-Mark Derosa has played every game for the Nats and has a fielding percentage of 0.00
-Josh Beckett’s ERA is 13.50 (15.87 FIP)
-While we’re on the topic of ERA, the bottom 8 in the AL are (in order) Hiroki Kuroda, Ricky Romero, CC Sabathia, Dan Haren, Jairo Asencio, James Shields, Francisco Liriano and Mr Beckett.
-Bruce Chen has an FIP of 1.25
-JJ Putz, Frank Francisco, David Hernandez, Alexi Ogando, Juan Cruz and Tyler Chatwood are tied with FIPs of -0.42. Yes, that says MINUS 0.42, so opposing teams will have to subtract half a run every time the make an appearance.
-The Mets are in 1st place, and Lucas Duda is on pace to hit 162 HRs this year
Does any of this drive home the point that you can’t overreact (or even react) to any 2 games in baseball without coming to really, really bad conclusions?
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees