AL) Albert Pujols- He’s motivated to show St. Louis and everybody else that his 10-year contract won’t become the disaster that A-Rod’s is, he’s completely healthy, and he’s been hitting the crap out of the ball all spring. Plus, by moving to the AL Pujols can use the [...]
Last time we looked at the recent ex-Yankees was already 3 weeks ago, Spring Training is flying by.
Jesus Montero- The former Yankee top prospect, and now Mariner top prospect is 11 for 36 in March, with 2 homeruns and 3 doubles. That’s good for a triple slash of .306/.366/.556. The 22 [...]
A (not so fun) exercise on baseball’s most optimistic (but sadly, Yankee-free) day:
C – Russell Martin – The second-year Bomber, fatigued in the middle of yet another season of near full time play behind the plate, lands on the dissabled list and hoists Francisco Cervelli or Austin Romine into the starting lineup full time. Extension talks [...]
Monday night we learned that Phil Hughes has likely earned himself a rotation spot. His sleek 2.03 ERA speaks for itself, but behind a regained velocity, Hughes appears to be a different pitcher. The 0.975 WHIP is inspiring, but aside from velocity, whats so different about the young righty? Watching his performances, [...]
AL: CC Sabathia. CC won the award in 2007 with the Indians and has finished no worse than fifth in the Cy Young voting every year since then (5th in ’08; 4th in ’09 and ’11; 3rd in ’10). And just about each time, he’s had a legitimate case to win [...]
The following pitchers have a fair bit more in common than may be discernible at face value. Each was, at one time or another, lauded as a top prospect (albeit to varying degrees). All five experienced enough success at the Major League level to stoke the flames of their respective fanbase’s fiery prospect love. And [...]
The Joba Chamberlain ankle injury saga has been an interesting case study for how the media tend to respond to serious injuries (I’m going to ignore the excessive media moralizing about how trampolines are deathtraps, and therefore going on one is incredibly irresponsible). The immediate reaction was that Joba’s injury was quite possibly [...]
The season is about to begin. Every team is a contender, especially with two more wild card spots up for grabs. Your TYA bloggers have compiled their prediction picks for the season:
Lots of variance here. Everyone picks the Yankees to win the AL East. Eric was the only person brave enough (see [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees