(The following is being syndicated from The Captain’s Blog).
Although the Yankees are trying to apply leverage in the A.J. Burnett trade talks, it seems inevitable that the right hander will be dealt before pitchers and catchers report to Tampa on Sunday. Considering how stealthy Brian Cashman has been of late, it’s hard to [...]
The Yankees basically didn’t change a thing in their bullpen heading into next season. Their only real change they brought in involves a long relief pitcher (likely Freddy Garcia or Phil Hughes) and possibly Rule V pick on the back end. The remaining group, with their 2011 statistics:
Mariano Rivera – 61 1/3 innings, 232 [...]
Curtis Granderson came to the Yankees after three consecutive seasons of decline, decline that was coming at an early age. He posted a career high .395 wOBA in 2007, and then saw his production drop off rapidly. In 2008 his wOBA was .374 and in 2009 it was all the way down to [...]
The Yankees are, apparently, on the verge of trading A.J. Burnett to the Pirates for nothing, while eating a ton of money in the process, $19-23M according to this report. Many in the Yankee Universe are pretty pumped about the prospect of Burnett, however involuntarily, shedding his pinstripes to join Pittsburgh. [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Christina on Game Thread: Angels versus Yankees, Saturday July 14th
- walkfit platinum reviews on The TYA staff on the Yankees’ television and radio broadcast teams
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees