Yesterday, Ken Davidoff of Newsday floated out six options the Yankees could employ to improve the rotation. Let’s take a look and make some comments.
His first option was trading for Felix Hernandez. He knows it’s not going to happen. We know it’s not going to happen. Let’s just move on.
Door number two is a trade for Matt Garza centered around Manny Banuelos or Dellin Betances. This is definitely more likely, but may not be cheap or easy…and I’m okay with that. I’m much more bearish on Garza than most seem to be, though, so take that with a grain of salt.
Next, he throws out the money suggestion (a 4/$48M contract for Edwin Jackson), but quickly dismisses it. I don’t dislike Jackson as much as some do, but I wouldn’t give him four years. If he can be had for 3 years at 10-12 million a year, sure go for it. The odds of that happening? Not likely.
Choice four is the stopgap option of Roy Oswalt or Hiroki Kuroda. This is what I want, but it appears that the Yankees don’t want this. I think that says more about the medicals of Oswalt and Kuroda than it does about anything else. Davidoff has a Kuroda signing as more likely than an Oswalt signing, but given what we’ve heard over the last month or so, I’m not holding my breath on either one.
Number five? One word: BARTOLO. Davidoff suggests bringing back Bartolo Colon for another go ’round. MJR covered that here. I would like to see this, even if Colon is just a swingman at the beginning of the year, ready to swoop in if someone sucks or when someone gets hurt. Davidoff, however, doesn’t think it’s a good idea to bring Colon back. I’ll disagree with him there, especially if Colon takes a deal similar to the one Davidoff suggested ($2M + incentives).
Lastly, he talks about trying to find another lottery ticket with guys like Jeff Francis, Rich Harden, or even Jamie Moyer. If you want to bring one of those guys in on a minor league deal, go ahead. I talked about these guys long ago and think the same thing now: Minor league deal? Awesome. Anything else? No.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees