Way back on December 8th, I ran some WAR projections using ZiPS. Today, I’m going to the same, using the same simple WAR calculator, but this time I’ll be using averages of the Bill James and RotoChamp projections found on FanGraphs player pages. Click through for the fun.
For defense/base running, lower is better. For defense, 4 is average; for base running, 3 is average.
Russell Martin (2 D; 3 BR; .287 BABIP): 3.9 WAR
Mark Teixeira (3 D; 4 BR; .275 BABIP): 3.8 WAR
Robinson Cano (3 D; 4 BR; .320 BABIP): 4.7 WAR
Alex Rodriguez (3 D; 3 BR; .305 BABIP): 4.2 WAR
Derek Jeter (5 D; 2 BR; .333 BABIP): 3.2 WAR
Brett Gardner (1 D; 1 BR; .323 BABIP): 4.0 WAR
Curtis Granderson (4 D; 2 BR; .297 BABIP): 4.4 WAR
Nick Swisher: (3 D; 4 BR; .297 BABIP): 3.6 WAR
Jesus Montero: (O D as DH; 4 BR; .332 BABIP): 1.9 WAR
Everything there is about where it should be, though neither projection system adjusted for Gardner being a platoon player. Just to see what would happen, I adjusted Jesus Montero’s projection to put him at catcher and gave him a 7 (the worst possible rating) for defense. Even with that, he came out as a 3.2 WAR player.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees