First off, congrats to Barry Larkin. He should’ve been inducted last year anyway, but whatever. He’s in the Hall of Fame now and that’s what matters. After the jump, I’m going to do a little bit of Hall of Fame griping. I know a lot of you have stopped caring about the results of any sort of awards or HOF voting and I keep trying to sway myself to that side, but for whatever reason, I just can’t. There’s going to be data below that’ll feature four pitchers (I tried to do a table, but it was just too big). There will be a lot of categories for each pitcher and the leader in each category will be bolded. One pitcher will be Jack Morris, who got about 67% of the vote this year and will almost undoubtedly make it next year. The other three will include a pitcher who is already off the ballot and two who will likely be off the ballot after their first years. I’ll leave their names off and allow you guys to guess in the comments. Click through for the rest.
Jack Morris: 3824 IP; 105 ERA+; 97 FIP- ; 1.296 WHIP; 8.4 H/9; 0.9 HR/9; 3.3 BB/9; 5.8 K/9; 1.78 K/BB; 39.3 bWAR; 2.01 bWAR/200 IP; 56.9 fWAR; 2.98 fWAR/200 IP; 2 seasons of 5+ fWAR; 1 season of 5+ bWAR; ranked 4th in fWAR during career; ranked 17th in bWAR during career.
Mystery Pitcher A: 2840 IP; 105 ERA+; 88 FIP-; 1.249 WHIP; 8.8 H/9; 1.2 HR/9; 2.4 BB/9; 8.0 K/9; 3.32 K/BB; 39.4 bWAR; 2.77 bWAR/200 IP; 55.2 fWAR; 3.89 fWAR/200 IP; 5 seasons of 5+ fWAR; 4 seasons of 5+ bWAR; ranked 7th in fWAR during career; ranked 12th in bWAR during career.
Mystery Pitcher B: 3256 IP; 127 ERA+; 79 FIP-; 1.222 WHIP; 8.5 H/9; 0.6 HR/9; 2.5 BB/9; 6.6 K/9; 2.66 K/BB; 64.8 bWAR; 3.98 bWAR/200 IP; 77.2 fWAR; 4.74 fWAR/200 IP; 7 seasons of 5+ fWAR; 6 seasons of 5+ bWAR; ranked 5th in fWAR during career; ranked 6th in bWAR during career.
Mystery Pitcher C: 1960.1 IP; 105 ERA+; 93 FIP-; 1.322 WHIP; 8.2 H/9; 0.9 HR/9; 3.8 BB/9; 8.2 K/9; 2.17 K/BB; 22.2 bWAR; 2.27 bWAR/200 IP; 33.2 fWAR; 3.34 fWAR/200 IP; 2 seasons of 5+ fWAR; 0 seasons of 5+ bWAR; ranked 26th in fWAR during career; ranked 47th in bWAR during career.
Your hints: Pitchers A and C pitched in MLB last year.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees