As expected, Twitter was abuzz with fans, bloggers and MSM types weighing in both for and against the big deal just consummated by the Yanks and Mariners. ESPNs Marc Simon does a statistical breakdown on Pineda and Montero, Frank Piliere calls it a narrow win for the Yanks, while Keith Law gives [...]
According to Jack Curry, the Yankees have agreed to terms with starting pitcher Hiroki Kuroda. Buster Olney reports that the contract is one year at $10m. This comes as a big surprise after the Montero/Pineda swap tonight. It was clear the Yankees were still interested in acquiring a starting pitcher this [...]
Well, we got that number two starter. From Sports Illustrated:
The New York Yankees and Seattle Mariners have agreed to a deal that will send Jesus Montero out west and Michael Pineda to the Bronx, according to several reports.
A blockbuster to say the least and certainly one that will divide Yankee-fan opinion for quite some [...]
It has been a quiet offseason by the Yankees’ standards (outside of CC Sabathia’s large extension), and the natives are getting restless. Many Yankee fans are uncomfortable with the idea of the Yankees beginning the season with a 5-man rotation of CC Sabathia, Ivan Nova, Freddy Garcia, AJ Burnett, and Phil Hughes, and understandably so. [...]
I’m going to come right out and say it: the Yankees have a glaring hole on their big league roster and have for quite some time. No, this is not a new weakness, but it is a weakness that has become increasingly noticeable and yet one this organization does not appear ready to deal with. [...]
Ownership could not have made circumstances more obvious, that last year’s Rafael Soriano signing was a panic move. Cashman admitted that the Steinbrenners and Randy Levine overruled him at Soriano’s very own press conference, and Hank later stated,
“People are missing the point; we didn’t get Lee but we got the [...]
Way back on December 8th, I ran some WAR projections using ZiPS. Today, I’m going to the same, using the same simple WAR calculator, but this time I’ll be using averages of the Bill James and RotoChamp projections found on FanGraphs player pages. Click through for the fun.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees