(The following is being syndicated from The Captain’s Blog).
Closers have been in both high demand and overabundant supply this offseason. Jonathan Papelbon set the market early with a 4-year, $50 million contract, and since then, the likes of Heath Bell, Joe Nathan, and Frank Francisco have fallen in line. Meanwhile, Ryan Madson and Francisco Cordero remain on the free agent [...]
Yesterday I ran a post suggesting that there was no reason for the Yankees not to give Bartolo Colon another one year deal with the team. One point that came up in the post’s comments section is that the Yankees will enter spring training with a full rotation and that Colon would potentially block [...]
It’s the holiday season, so of course gifts are on our mind. While we may celebrate different holidays and give/receive gifts in our own special ways, when it comes to the Yankees, we get a little greedy, don’t we? We want what we want for the team and we want it now. I wrote a [...]
Slowly but surely much of the Yankee fan base and blogosphere is realizing that the Yankees will probably not make a splashy move this offseason, something I’d believed was likely for some time now. The reasons for this are both clear and sound. The Yankees really only need starting pitching. C.J. Wilson [...]
There’s no doubt that Yankee fans have had their fill of Allan James Burnett over the past two years. Since signing with the Yanks for the 2009 season he’s been maddening, going from brilliance on one night to unwatchable the next. There’s been one excuse offered up after another, from Posada’s catching to Dave Eiland’s [...]
Christmas has come early (or Hannukah has come on time, depending on your religious persuasions) for Yankee prospect followers, as Trenton Thunder beat writer Josh Norris has some great reports from scouts on his blog. You should visit Josh’s site to get the full impressions, but he has info on a number of [...]
I’m on the record saying that Yoenis Cespedes is a poor way to spend a big pile of money, if his market price is as high as advertised. I still believe this, although the new CBA makes me a little more apt to endorse going big on super-risky guys like Cespedes. But since [...]
I discussed this topic over the weekend when the blockbuster Mat Latos trade occurred, and I think it still holds true following the news of the recent John Danks extension with Chicago. To paraphrase worldly philosopher Jimmy McMillan: The price of pitching is too damn high. Danks was considered a [...]
(The following is being syndicated from An A-Blog for A-Rod)
As the Yankees continue down their path of self-imposed penny pinching, focusing on the big picture and future benefits of cutting payroll for 2014 rather than the immediate benefits of signing someone like Roy Oswalt or Hiroki [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees