Much digital ink has been spilled about the Yankees’ 2014 payroll, and their possible goal of getting below the $189 million luxury tax threshold to greatly reduce their luxury tax and revenue sharing obligations. In order to get their payroll below that threshold for 2011, the Yankees would likely have to employ some measure of [...]
As expected, the Yankees have reached an agreement with Andruw Jones to come back for another ride in the Bronx. Jon Heyman has the details:
Andruw jones, yankees in agreement. $2M base plus incentives
Jones’ incentives are about $1.4M. Deal is pending physical
Awesome. Welcome back, Andruw. Here’s to mashing more lefties! [...]
I’ve said it a lot that I’m not a big fan of Matt Garza. I don’t think he’s a bad pitcher or anything, but I don’t necessarily think he’s as good as made out to be right now, especially after a stellar 2011 that saw him put up 5.0 fWAR for the Cubbies. [...]
ESPN’s Buster Olney recently had an interesting chart up where he looked at the value that clubs received on the largest contracts that have even been issued. Here’s the list:
Dollars spent per win above replacement in completed $100 million contracts, through 2011:
Player Contract WAR $/WAR Albert Pujols 7-year/$100M 59.0 $1.70M Alex Rodriguez 10-year/$252M [...]
(The following is being syndicated from The Captain’s Blog).
Two of the most influential members of the Yankees’ front office took to the airwaves this morning to promote the upcoming Pinstripe Bowl, and not surprisingly, each interview touched on the team’s offseason plans. President Randy Levine, who was a guest on FOX [...]
The Yankees are going to sign left handed pitcher Hideki Okajima to a minor league contract. Since coming over from Japan in 2007, the lefty has spent his career with the Red Sox, though he pitched in just seven big league games for them this past season.
Overall, Okajima’s been good at [...]
Though I didn’t watch the show, it did get me thinking. All three of the outfielders mentioned in that article, Reggie Jackson; Bernie Williams; and Paul O’Neill, are some of the finest the Yankees have had in the post DH era. Back when this blog was still (partially) The Yankee U, [...]
As many of us probably remember from the 2005 offseason, Carlos Beltran really wanted to be a Yankee. Even though the Yankees ultimately passed on Beltran, he reportedly offered to sign with the Yankees for less than the 7-year $119 million contract he ultimately received from the Mets. Beltran’s tenure with the Mets [...]
(The following is being syndicated from An A-Blog for A-Rod)
With all or almost all of what would have been considered “real” trade targets for the Yankees either already traded or re-signed, it’s looking like a near certainty that we won’t be seeing any new rotation arms for 2012. But [...]
Writer’s Note: This is irresponsible. There is a very small chance of any of this happening. But, it’s December 27th and very little is likely to happen this week, so please, bear with me here.
For fun, I took a look at the list of potential free agents for 2013. Why? Well, [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees