One of my favorite baseball bloggers, Jonah Keri, is in the process of writing (what I assume to be) another fantastic book which is scheduled for release in 2014. He’ll be focusing in on the history of the Montreal Expos — a team I often find myself rather awestruck by, given the plethora [...]
Developed primarily as a starter during his time in the Yankees’ minor league system, Hector Noesi rather quietly had a very good rookie campaign out of the bullpen for the big league club in 2011.
He finished the season with a 4.47 ERA/4.09 FIP/4.02 xFIP, 7.2 K/9, 3.5 BB/9, 1.0 HR/9 and a [...]
If I had to describe Jorge Posada‘s 2011 season in a word, I don’t think a word would do. Instead, I’d settle for an onomatopoeia: Ugh. Just like there was little to say about Curtis Granderson and Robinson Cano because their seasons were so [...]
On this date in 2003, Josh Beckett pitched a complete game shutout to lead the Marlins to a 2-0 victory and a World Series championship against the Yankees. What many Yankees fans remember most vividly about that series was a decision made by Joe Torre in Game 4. In an article about [...]
Because I was bored today, I decided to take a look at Cot’s Baseball Contracts to see what the Yankee payroll looks like for 2012, and get an idea of how much money may be in the Yankee budget to add pieces. While theoretically the Yankees have a lot of payroll flexibility, it has hovered [...]
Brian Cashman will almost surely sign a new contract with the Yankees in the next week or so. Its amazing to think that Cashman is just 44 years old. He’s been general manager since 1998, and we can all recite the team’s accomplishments during that time. He might be haggling with the organization over some [...]
Greetings, TYA readers and fellow Yankee fans. I’m Brad. As you may or may not know, I’m the founder, President, CEO, and sole writer over at An A-Blog for A-Rod. Recently I was invited by Larry to join the fine team here at TYA and I accepted the invitation. I [...]
Happy Tuesday morning, everyone. Glad you all survived Monday and are joining us bright and early here at TYA. Today’s mailbag question comes courtesy of Travis:
I am trying to get a sense of the level of interest that the fanbase has in the Yankees’ free agents, as well as the major targets available on the free agent market. Please vote in the polls below as if you were the GM, so signing Prince Fielder means you need to find somewhere [...]
The story has been re-told hundreds of times, but the Yankees have been in the off season for more than two weeks now. With post ideas running a little thin forgive me for recapping it here. In 2007 Alex Rodriguez had the best season of his career. He hit 54 homers, with [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees