You all know what’s on the line. Let’s do it, Yankees.
Ivan Nova will face:
1. Austin Jackson, CF
2. Don Kelly 3B
3. Delmon Young LF
4. Miguel Cabrera, 1B
5. Victory Martinez, DH
6. Magglio Ordonez, RF
7. Alex Avila, C
8. Jhonny Peralta, SS
I get the sense that Yankee fans are very comfortable with tonight’s starting pitcher matchup. Ivan Nova, a rookie, goes against Doug Fischer, and our nerves are pretty calm. After Ivan Nova’s 2011 season, its easy to be. He was nearly unhittable against the Tigers in Game 1, and just as strong all through September [...]
Following their comfortable victory in Game 4, the Yankees return to the Bronx for a decisive Game 5, with Ivan Nova taking on Detroit’s Doug Fister. Despite the magnitude of the sitation, Nova handled the pressure well, holding Detroit’s offense in check through 6 1/3 innings of 2-run ball. There’s no [...]
I sat down to write something profound and deep about baseball, but was too excited and nervous and just teetering on the precipice of crazy to string sentences together into a coherent thought. Instead, I watched videos from the 2009 postseason and the TBS Yankees commercial a number of times until my excitement started to [...]
Generally, we like to do a few things. We like to hear narratives and we like to categorize/classify things. In 2011, we live in an age where narratives can change in 140 characters or fewer and in no time at all. Because of that age of immediacy, we’re also apt to blow things out of [...]
Matt already previewed Ivan Nova and Doug Fister, tonight’s do-or-die ALDS Game 5 starters, in his preview piece last weekend, so rather than rehash all that, let’s recap what these two pitchers did last Saturday night:
6.1IP, 2ER (though they were inherited runners Luis Ayala was [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees