The Yankees’ season hangs in the balance tonight. Win and it’s back home for Game Five. Lose and it’s back home to pack up the lockers and the clubhouse. A.J. Burnett and Rick Porcello are your starters for this game. Here are the lineups:
1. Austin Jackson, CF
2. Ramon Santiago, 2B
Yankee fans are understandably antsy about A.J. Burnett starting tonight. We all know how horrible he can be, even if he sometimes shows flashes of brilliance. Starting him feels like a roll of the dice. Many have been quick to point out that the Tigers are throwing Rick Porcello to the mound tonight, who has [...]
Last night’s loss was certainly a frustrating one, but since the game has been explored quite thoroughly by my co-writers here, I thought I would explore another topic. In particular, I wanted to focus on the common critique of how managers tend to pigeonhole relievers to a specific inning. This strategy is not unique to [...]
It’s the matchup that no one wanted to see! Thanks to mother nature, the Yankees and Tigers both get to trot out starters they were likely hoping they could keep glued to the bench in what could be the Yankees’ last game of the season, as A.J. Burnett and Rick Porcello [...]
I thought of this on Friday, but didn’t get a chance to write anything about it until last night, so forgive me if it seems more disjointed than it should.
When Terry Francona essentially fell on his sword for the Boston Red Sox after The Collapse, there was a lot of discussion about whether [...]
Last night both CC Sabathia and Yankee manager displayed issues with Home Plate Umpire Gerry Davis’ strike zone, although in very different ways. Sabathia gestured towards home plate after his difficult first inning and asked Davis how much his pitches were missing by, to which Davis replied by holding two fingers barely [...]
I know I’ve seen this movie somewhere before. The Yankees are playing the Tigers in a five-game first-round playoff series. The Yankees win the first game in blowout fashion. Rain interferes with the schedule, changing Game 2 from a night game to a day game. The Yanks drop a close one at home in the [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees