The man himself broke the news, tweeting “Yankee fans, I’ll be here fighting for number 28 next year!” Sabathia has signed an extension rather than opting out of his contract. Buster Olney has the contract details, which would reportedly be a 5- year deal worth $122 million, with an option for a [...]
On Friday I wrote a post asking if we actually over rate Robinson Cano. The premise of the post is that while Cano is a great baseball player, he is not a top five or top ten baseball player. He’s actually a top twenty baseball player, so when we describe him as [...]
Be sure to join Matthew Kory and me this Thursday (11/3 at 3:30 PM EST) for the first TYA Live Chat of the offseason. Matt is an excellent baseball writer and and an even better guy; he also happens to write for Over The Monster, the premier destination of all things Red Sox. We’ll be discussing a variety of hot topics [...]
How many over the typical replacement player does Brett Gardner provide the Yankees? That’s a tough question to answer. One of the best easily accessible methods to determine this is fWar, over at Fangraphs. Fangraphs will tell you that Gardner was worth 5.1 wins over replacement in 2011, and 6.1 in 2010. A [...]
Over at New York Baseball Digest, Chuck Johnson posted some of his thoughts as a scout on the Yankees Arizona Fall League crew. He got to see everyone play but David Phelps. I recommend reading the whole thing, caveating that he’s drawing conclusions only after observing a very limited example of what a player does. [...]
I’m incredibly pleased to announce that Matt Imbrogno has been promoted to Editor in Chief of The Yankee Analysts, effective immediately. Matt is one of the best and most passionate writers I’ve ever had the pleasure of working with, and I’m extremely excited that TYA will be stewarded by one of the most important voices [...]
With the final out of the 2011 World Series now recorded, baseball’s hot stove season is underway. The first order of business for the Yanks is to address CC’s contract situation. The deadline for exercising an opt out is fast approaching and it is widely expected that Sabathia will use it unless he and the [...]
Gina Kolata had a very interesting article in the New York Times today about the evolving perception of the usefulness of the MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) exam as a tool for diagnosing sports injuries. For somebody who is interested in both sports and health care as I am, the article provided some interesting [...]
With the recent news that the Angels have chosen Jerry Dipoto to be their next GM comes good news for the Yankees: Two important members of the front office will be back in the Bronx next season. No, I’m not talking about Brian Cashman, whose contract is set to expire (and will presumably sign [...]
(The following is being syndicated from The Captain’s Blog).
Last night’s epic game six was so compelling, that tonight’s game seven almost seems anti-climatic. As is sometimes the case when the World Series goes the distance, it is the sixth game that proves to be the most memorable (see 1975, 1985, 1986, [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees