Jack Curry Tweeted his “projected” ALDS roster. In all likelihood this is the actual roster the Yanks plan on using, but as Yankee Manager Joe Girardi said in his weekly radio interview this afternoon he’s not allowed to release the official roster just yet due to league rules. So here it is:
CC Sabathia, Ivan Nova, Freddy Garcia, AJ Burnett, Mariano Rivera, David Robertson, Rafael Soriano, Boone Logan, Cory Wade, Luis Ayala and Phil Hughes.
Mark Teixeira, Robinson Cano, Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez, Eric Chavez, Eduardo Nunez, Brett Gardner, Curtis Granderson, Nick Swisher, Andruw Jones, Russell Martin, Jorge Posada, Jesus Montero, Chris Dickerson
There’s a few interesting omissions that jump out at me. Leaving off Hector Noesi and taking AJ Burnett tells me Burnett is assuming the long man role. Detroit features a righty-heavy lineup, and they probably feel the veteran AJ is a safer bet than the rookie Noesi. If Freddy gets knocked out early, expect AJ to pick up a few innings to bridge the gap. We have heard for days that they were leaning toward taking Montero and Posada as a DH/backup Catcher tandem and leaving Austin Romine off. Catchers get hurt pretty rarely, but I can’t imagine either Montero or Posada handling wicked curves in the dirt from Burnett or Robertson. The Tigers won’t be using a Lefty starter, so it appears Montero is there as a late inning PH (Mr Coke, meet Mr Montero) and won’t see much playing time. Bartolo’s omission doesn’t surprise me. Colon was running on fumes, and in all honesty we already got more out of him than anyone expected this year. Raul Valdes may be an interesting Lefty, but this Detroit team is so righty heavy that a second lefty isn’t a good use of a roster spot. We may see him in the next round, but that’s the right call for the Tigers series.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees