First, let’s get you caught up on all things Yankee. Some guy named Mariano notched a record of some sort. No, not Mariano Duncan. The other one…..you know, whats his name. Pedro Feliciano finally had his rotator cuff surgery, which actually happened about a week ago on September 8th. That should finish him for next year, and probably for his career. The rotator cuff is extremely complicated to fix, and success rates are far lower than things like Tommy John. Even the pitchers who come back all the way are typically not the same, and those are considered success stories. Brian Cashman had a very underrated off season last year, but this was not a move that worked out for him in any way.
In happier news, the Yanks are going for a sweep in Seattle, and Boston already lost. If you’re a Yankee fan and into schadenfreude, Boston has to have you in Heaven right now. They’re 3-10 for the month of September, everyone in their rotation not named Lester is either awful or hurt, Bard has been bad all month and now Adrian Gonzalez has a calf injury. The hits just keep on comin’. I’m almost hoping the Rays DON’T pass them up at this point, I can’t wait to play the Sox in October with how banged up they are right now.
Here’s your lineup from Chad over at LoHud:
Derek Jeter SS
Curtis Granderson CF
Mark Teixeira 1B
Robinson Cano 2B
Nick Swisher RF
Jesus Montero DH
Andruw Jones LF
Russell Martin C
Eduardo Nunez 3B
Ivan Nova gets the start facing Jason Vargas of the Mariners. GO YANKS!!!!!
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- walkfit platinum reviews on The TYA staff on the Yankees’ television and radio broadcast teams
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees