Big Bart on the mound this afternoon, he’ll be going against Toronto rookie Henderson Alvarez. We have a mixed set of numbers to try to glean what to expect from Bartolo. He likes pitching in the daytime, where he sports a 6-2 record with a 2.67 ERA and 5.07 SO/BB rate. But Colon has been awful against the Blue Jays this year, going 1-2 with 6.86 ERA. Looking at his game log, he pitched well against them on April 20 (6.2 IP 2 ER) in his first time facing them, but was hit hard his next time out on May 23rd (6 IP 6 ER) then had his worst outing of the year on July 14th (0.2 IP 8R 3 ER). He had one more outing September 3rd facing the Jays (6.2 IP 4 ER) which was mediocre. What does that all add up to? I have no idea, but the Jays seem to like facing him.
While these games may have a meaningless, ‘lets just get to October already’ feel to them, they don’t. The red-hot Tigers are just 3 games back of the Yanks for best record, which could impact who gets home field for the ALCS. We also will finally see Alexander Emmanuel Rodriguez finally back in the Yankee lineup, and it will be interesting to see how he looks over the next few weeks as we head into the playoffs. The #4 spot in the lineup is his for the rest of the year, but if he looks bad at the plate Girardi may need to re-examine that for October. I’m not talking Joe Torre’s #8 hole, but swapping him and Robbie may make sense.
Here’s your lineups, courtesy of Yankee PR:
Derek Jeter SS
Curtis Granderson CF
Mark Teixeira 1B
Robinson Cano 2B
Alex Rodriguez 3B
Nick Swisher RF
Jesus Montero DH
Brett Gardner LF
Austin Romine C
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees