Special day today for a few reasons, some more important than others. Obviously its the 10 year anniversary of 9/11/2001 and our thoughts and prayers go out to all those who lost a loved one on that day, and to the military families who lost a member in its aftermath. From the Yankee perspective, its a special day because super-prospect Jesus Montero gets his first start behind the plate. It’s a good day for it, veteran starter Freddy Garcia pretty much calls his own game and doesn’t throw overly hard, so even if Montero’s not up to speed defensively it shouldn’t be too much of an issue. Expect base runners to test his arm, but also expect Garcia to pay more attention to men on first base. They’ll work it out for a few games.
In other news, the Yanks have called up Austin Romine to back up Montero, since Russel Martin will be out for at least a few days and Cervelli is out indefinitely. Concussions are tricky, as we all know Justin Morneau is still having issues more than a year removed from his concussion and Frankie’s had more than one. The Yanks have to be careful with injuries at this point of the year. The schedule is brutal, and then we get this tweet from Buster Olney this afternoon:
Here’s your lineup from Chad Jennings over at LoHud:
Derek Jeter SS
Curtis Granderson CF
Mark Teixeira 1B
Robinson Cano DH
Jesus Montero C
Eric Chavez 3B
Andruw Jones RF
Eduardo Nunez 2B
Brett Gardner LF
Freddy Garcia on the mound facing Ervin Santana. GO YANKS!!!!!
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees