With a loss tonight, the Red Sox will head out of town tied for the Wild Card with the Tampa Bay Rays, who were 5-2 winners this afternoon. It’s been an amazing collapse, one that no one could have seen coming. Their 6.09 September ERA is the worst in franchise history, and beating a record that stood for close to 80 years (5.27 ERA in 1932) by a wide margin. They’re 5-18 for the month and are on track for the worst September since 1926. Game 2 starter John Lackey shoulders much of the blame for their poor showing, he’s dead last in the American League for ERA (6.49) and has managed to be even worse (10.70) since the end of August.
Now we are hearing reports that the Sox aren’t well conditioned, that there’s a growing disconnect between Francona and Epstien, and even that Tito’s job may be in jeopardy. You didn’t think the Red Sox could lose without there being a scapegoat, did you? I didn’t. This is the town that smeared every big star (Ruth, Williams, Clemens, Nomar, Manny, Pedro) on their way out. Maybe they’re greasing the skids for Tito, which will be the dumbest thing they did since selling off The Babe.
Here’s your lineup, courtesy of LoHud:
Eduardo Nunez SS
Curtis Granderson CF
Robinson Cano 2B
Mark Teixeira 1B
Nick Swisher RF
Eric Chavez 3B
Jesus Montero DH
Chris Dickerson LF
Austin Romine C
Eduardo Nunez is your leadoff hitter, and Romine and Dickerson are starting? Will that help the Sox? I doubt it. GO YANKS!!!!!!!!
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees