With just 4 more games to play after Game 1 of today’s doubleheader, Yankee fans can take solace in this being Allan James Burnett’s last start of the season, and hopefully the last start he will make in pinstripes. He can’t pitch again in the regular season this year, pitching in Wednesday’s final game in Tampa would mean he’d be going on 2 days rest. CC’s done for the year as well, so that final Tampa game of the season on Wednesday (Undecided vs Price) will probably feature a tag team of call ups going 3 innings a piece. You won’t use Noesi, since starting him would mean he wouldn’t be available for the first few games of the ALDS.
As to AJ’s future, who knows. I’d be shocked if he got a postseason start, even if there was an injury. He’s been among the worst starters in franchise history over the past two seasons, and you can only stick with a failed experiment for so long. They’ve tried numerous mechanical adjustments, 2 different pitching coaches, personal catcher(s), nothing’s worked. Maybe they can shift him to the bullpen next year (doubtful) or maybe they can find a team that willing to take a chance on him (equally doubtful). In cases like his, you usually gets someone else’s headache in return for yours. Think Jeff Weaver for Kevin Brown. But those are questions for another day. In the meantime, soak up your favorite pie-throwing pitcher’s start today, because I suspect it will be his last as a Yankee.
Here’s the lineup from LoHud:
Brett Gardner CF
Derek Jeter SS
Alex Rodriguez 3B
Jorge Posada DH
Andruw Jones LF
Russell Martin C
Chris Dickerson RF
Brandon Laird 1B
Ramiro Pena 2B
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees