Final series of the year for the Yanks, and while the Yanks have nothing left to play for, the Rays are battling for their playoff lives. The Yanks are fielding a decent lineup, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the starters get pulled early even if the game is close. The Red Sox better win [...]
Last week, Ken Rosenthal published a fascinating article on how the Moneyball philosophy continues to impact the game. One prominent passage discussed Brian Cashman’s efforts to implement changes to keep pace with the Red Sox:
The Yankees, a perennial post-season qualifier, also held low draft positions. When Cashman secured more power before the 2006 [...]
BP’s Mike Fast has done some truly ground breaking research on the impact pitch framing skills can have on a ballclub’s ability to suppress runs. Mo addressed this in a previous post (check out his graphics) but I wanted to come at it from a different angle, namely the pending decisions on what to [...]
There may be a few more games left, but the 2011 season for the New York Yankees is over, and it has been a stunning, unexpected success. While it is not the topic of this post, it warrants re-mentioning here: The 2011 Yankees have exceeded all expectations. The Yankees were not meant to [...]
Over the weekend, my girlfriend and I went to the movies to see the re-release of “The Lion King.” I’m beyond certain that we were the only non-parent adults in the theater. I’m sure I’ve seen the film between the first time I saw it and then, but I’d never really reflected on it.
Beginning tonight, the Yanks and Rays duke it out in the final regular season series of the year. The Yanks can win the season series with one win this week; the best the Rays can do is tie it. Aside from exacting a small measure of revenge against Tampa — who won the season series [...]
So finally winning a series at home against the Red Sox for the first time in 2011 was quite enjoyable, although the spoiled part of me really wanted the sweep, having been swept by the Sox at home twice this season in historic fashion. Unfortunately with Alex Rodriguez, Derek Jeter and [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees