“I’d like to see how smart Theo Epstein is with the Tampa Bay (Rays) payroll. You got Carl Crawford ’cause you paid more than anyone else, and that’s what makes you smarter? That’s why I like whipping their butt. It’s great, knowing those guys with the $205 million payroll are saying, ‘How the hell are they beating us?’” – Buck Showalter, March 2011
Well, as it turns out, the guys with the $205M payroll are competing for divisional supremacy (once again), and preparing for a postseason run (once again). Meanwhile, the Orioles continue to suck and will ”enjoy” the abudance of meaningless baseball remaining this season.
Tonight’s game kicks off at 7:05 as the Yanks begin an agonizing five game set against Baltimore. As Larry noted in the preview, the matchups certainly favor the Bombers on paper, but you know how that often goes. Of course, who knows how many of these games will actually end up happening if Irene decides to bend the entire east coast over a barrel. Here’s your open thread for the evening!
Lineups (compliments of BaseballPress.com):
For the Orioles:
1. Robert Andino (R) 3B
2. J.J. Hardy (R) SS
3. Nick Markakis (L) RF
4. Vladimir Guerrero (R) DH
5. Matt Wieters (S) C
6. Mark Reynolds (R) 1B
7. Ryan Adams (R) 2B
8. Nolan Reimold (R) LF
9. Matt Angle (L) CF
For the Yankees:
1. Derek Jeter (R) SS
2. Curtis Granderson (L) CF
3. Mark Teixeira (S) 1B
4. Alex Rodriguez (R) 3B
5. Robinson Cano (L) 2B
6. Nick Swisher (S) RF
7. Jorge Posada (S) DH
8. Russell Martin (R) C
9. Brett Gardner (L) LF
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees