I know many fans are frustrated with AJ Burnett. They see a guy with ‘electric stuff’ and wonder why he isn’t better. Unlike many of my Yankee brethren I don’t wonder about these things. His control has never been great, especially his control in the zone. Whether you want to get into his release point or simply watch the catcher’s glove and/or where his foot lands, you know why he gets completely out of whack at times. When he does, his pitches drift over the plate and right into a batter’s wheel house. Other times he loses the zone completely, which is why he’s led the AL in WP for 2 of the past 3 years. He’s a 2 pitch pitcher, so when one isn’t working he makes things very easy for opposing batters. To use the trite, overused cliche ‘he is what he is’ and it’s a glorious example why there’s so much more to pitching than stuff. I trust a guy with more weapons in his arsenal far mare than a thrower like AJ. Heck, I trust Garcia more than AJ, and Freddy can barely break a plane of glass with his fastball.
That’s why I like to refer to him as our #5 starter. I don’t care how much money he’s being paid, that’s Hal’s problem. He’s a career .500 pitcher, has actually been a few games under that in his career as a Yank. That’s tough to do on a team that wins around 95 games annually. But hey, what do you expect from your #5. Don’t sweat it.
Here’s your lineup, courtesy of Chad Jennings over at LoHud:
Derek Jeter SS
Curtis Granderson CF
Mark Teixeira 1B
Robinson Cano 2B
Nick Swisher RF
Andruw Jones DH
Russell Martin C
Eduardo Nunez 3B
Brett Gardner LF
The standard order facing a tough lefty like Liriano. GO YANKS!!!
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees