I think the title says it all, no? Freddy Garcia, extreme fly ball pitcher in the ultimate hitter’s ballpark. He got clobbered in his last outing facing the BoSox on June 7th of this year, lasting just 1.2 innings and giving up 4 runs, all of them earned. All totaled for the 2011 season Freddy’s pitched 8 innings against the Red Sox and given up 11 Runs, 10 of them earned. If there’s an answer to getting Red Sox batters out, Garcia certainly hasn’t found it this year.
He’ll be squaring off against Josh Beckett, who’s only having by far the best season (187 ERA+) of his storied career. He has dismantled the Yanks this season, pitching 21 innings across 3 starts while giving up a grand total of 2 Runs. Not only that, but he’s allowed just 10 hits and struck out 25 batters in those 21 frames. You know what we call that? Total domination.
If I had to lay good money on this game, you’d have to like the bean eaters on this August night. Yep, we’re just not as good as the 2011 Red Sox, might as well pack up our gloves and call it a year. Why even bother playing this one? The outcome is inevitable, painful, and every rational human being tries to avoid pain whenever possible. They might as well not show up at the ballpark and go get some crabcakes over at Legal Seafoods by the Long Wharf.
You know what all of that means? The same thing it meant yesterday, when CC Sabathia was facing John Lackey. Not much. What it means is that if the Yanks actually pull this one off, it will be one of the sweetest victories of the 2011 season, and set up another classic showdown for October. In all likelihood, Freddy won’t be starting any games in the playoffs, and if he is he certainly won’t be lined up to face one of the best pitchers in baseball. That’s why regular season record usually holds little bearing on what happens in the playoffs.
With all that being said ….GO! GO! GOOOOOOOO YANKS!!!!!!!
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees