CC Sabathia vs John Lackey. I’ll take that match up every day and twice on Saturday. Unfortunately, on this particular Saturday they’re only playing one game. Sabathia has been utterly brilliant this year and Lackey has been mediocre at best. What’s that you say? Sabathia is 0-3 with a 6.16 ERA in three starts against Boston this season? That just tells me the small sample is begging for a correction, which means CC has about 3 shutouts left in him facing the Bostonians. Fenway may not be a great park for Lefties, but the way CC’s been throwing the rawhide lately he could pitch anywhere. Lackey’s declining curveball and horrendous fastball make for a bad match up facing most teams, but the power and patience the Yanks feature should be a recipe for success for the Bronx Bombers.
A win today will secure a much needed series win facing the not-so-beloved Red Sox, which will be the Yanks first for this year. Then we go for the sweep on Sunday with Freddy Garcia facing Josh Beckett. Wait a minute. On second thought, we REALLY need this afternoon’s game. As good as he’s been, I still don’t trust Freddy facing a high powered offense like Boston. And Josh Beckett is pitching this year like he thinks it’s 2007 all over again. But I’ll get to that tomorrow. For now, enjoy this afternoon’s game and CC Sabathia’s inevitable dismantling of the hated bean eaters. GO YANKS!!!!!!!!!
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees