The Yankees rode a Mark Teixeira double, a Nick Swisher two-run home run and six innings of one-run ball (4 Ks, 1 BB) from Freddy Garcia in a crisp 3-2 win over Baltimore Monday night, splitting the weekend’s four-game set. Alfredo Simon was the tough-luck loser, [...]
Freddy Garcia makes his return to the Yankees tonight after a “kitchen accident” sidelined him with a cut finger for the last two weeks. To make room on the roster, Hector Noesi was optioned down to the minors. Noesi has pitched to a 3.42/3.60/3.78 E/F/xF split while showing good control (2.85 BB/9) and the ability [...]
With September rapidly approaching and the Yankees having a large lead in the wild card chase, a major theme over the next few weeks will be the construction of the postseason roster. While many of the spots are taken by players who are obvious choices to make the team, there are a few roster slots [...]
(The following is being syndicated from The Captain’s Blog).
Correction: Although listed as a rookie by several sources, including fangraphs.com, Alexi Ogando is not eligible for the award because the service time he accrued in 2010. As a result, all references to him as a contender for the award are invalid, which makes Nova’s [...]
Had you asked me a few years ago to rate Brian Cashman as a General Manager, I would have said he was better than average. If you ask me today I’ll say he’s one of the best, for the simple reason that the man can see a reclamation project better than any other GM. [...]
(All numbers current as of before game one yesterday)
News flash: Robinson Cano is good at hitting.
While this year (.376 wOBA/136 wRC+) may not be as good as last year (.389 wOBA/142 wRC+/), there are, as usual, some great signs for Cano. His triple slash line (.304/.358/.526) is also down from last year [...]
After scoring zero runs in the opener of Sunday’s doubleheader, things didn’t start out promisingly in the night game, as the Orioles jumped out to a quick 2-0 lead against Ivan Nova. However, Curtis Granderson had other ideas, blasting his Major League lead-tying 37th home run int top of the [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees