The Yankees have the night off before opening up a home series against the A’s on Tuesday night. For those of you who are interested, the Giants are playing on Monday Night Football on ESPN tonight. Use this as your open thread. Enjoy!
Over the last few days, I have had a number of discussions with readers, Twitter users, and media members about what the Yankees’ starting rotation will look like in October. One thing that came up repeatedly that I found to be quite surprising is that many fans do not see Freddy Garcia getting [...]
(The following is being syndicated from The Captain’s Blog).
In complete contrast to preseason expectations, the 2011 Yankees have mostly been a team lead by its pitching. Not only is the team’s ERA+ of 119 higher than its OPS+ of 112, but according to bWAR, the Yankees’ pitching staff has almost accumulated as many [...]
It should be no secret by now to anyone who watches the Yankees on a regular basis that Bartolo Colon isn’t a one pitch pitcher, but he’s the next closest thing to it. According to Fangraphs 82.5% of Bartolo’s offerings this season have been fastballs. He’s complimented his fastball with a slider that [...]
Apparently, there was some drama involving A.J. Burnett and Joe Girardi during Saturday night’s game. I didn’t see any of it happen because of a family gathering. If you were following Twitter at all this weekend, you know that Moshe has been all over this issue. What I want to talk about [...]
iPhone users rejoice, as TYA is now one tap away, absolutely free.
Please click here to download The Yankees’ Analysts’ free iPhone app.
And if you’re an Android user and haven’t already done so, please download the Android version of the mobile app here.
Huge thanks go to Josh Wolff and [...]
Chances are if you’re a regular reader of TYA, you’ve got a pretty good comfort level with advanced statistics. If you didn’t, I’m not sure how engaging or interesting this site would be considering that statistics are the driving factor behind almost every post we write.
However, we’ve often been asked to add a stat [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees