As of the initial drafting of this game thread the lineup hadn’t been posted yet, but with Alex Rodriguez not yet activated and the Yankees facing the righthanded soft-tossing Kevin Slowey — making his first Major League start of the year — I’d expect it to look something like [...]
Much hand-wringing has ensued at the Yankees’ perceived “cheapness” in the draft this year, as they spent about $6.3 million on the 2011 class, less than they have spent in the last two drafts. For comparison, the Pirates spent over $17 million, the Nationals and Royals spent about $15 million each, and a number of [...]
(The following is being syndicated from The Captain’s Blog).
Back in May, I examined some trends that suggested Mark Teixeira was evolving into a much more one-dimensional hitter. Despite beginning the season with what was for him an especially hot start, the switch hitting slugger’s splits still seemed to suggest the [...]
I realize this post seems highly out of place now that we’re two weeks away from when the Yanks and Sox last played and two weeks ahead of when they’ll next square off, but I’d meant to do this post in the aftermath of the last Yanks-Sox series and was away, and then Mo needed [...]
No one will ever accuse Alex Rodriguez of social grace. In fact, many might dare (but would it really be a dare? to call him aloof. Off the field in public (I’m sure he’s much different in private), A-Rod can come off a little…odd. But, on the field, you’d be hard-pressed to find [...]
So I missed part of this one, in which the Yankees beat the Twins in the opener of this weekend’s four-game set 8-4, but it appears the Yankees don’t quite have CC Sabathia back yet. Don’t get me wrong, four runs over seven is fine, but it doesn’t quite meet the level [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Christina on Game Thread: Angels versus Yankees, Saturday July 14th
- walkfit platinum reviews on The TYA staff on the Yankees’ television and radio broadcast teams
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees