The Yankees managed to load the bases in the ninth against Royals closer Joakim Soria, making the righty throw 40 pitches and scoring a run in the process, but Jorge Posada struck out looking with the bases loaded — on what should have been ball three — to [...]
Over the past few seasons, beating the Royals had all the drama and sense of accomplishment of stealing candy from a fish in a barrel. Or something like that. But this Royals team is not the collection of pushovers they’ve been in recent years. They’re 6th in the AL in Runs scored, have a bunch [...]
NOTE: When I finished writing this post, I began to discuss it with Joe Pawlikowski of RAB, who informed me that Mike Axisa had written a substantially similar post yesterday. Being that I put all this work in, I opted to run the post anyhow. Here is the link to Mike’s post, which I [...]
(The following is being syndicated from The Captain’s Blog).
All season long, the Yankees and Red Sox have engaged in a seesaw battle for control of the American League East. Since May 13, the two teams have been separated by no more than three games. If not for the wild card, the rivalry could [...]
TYA reader Shai recently sent us this question via Twitter: “Can I make a request for an article on Jacoby Ellsbury‘s power and if it’s sustainable?” This question couldn’t come at a better time. Jacoby Ellsbury hit a three run homer in the first game of Tuesday’s day-night doubleheader the Red Sox [...]
I haven’t done this in a long time and they should be taking over Deadspin soon, so it’s time to hack up a piece of bad sports journalism in honor of Fire Joe Morgan.
Filip Bondy of the Daily News thinks it would be a good idea to move Bartolo Colon [...]
The Royals sure seem to have Ivan Nova‘s number.
Kansas City — responsible for Nova’s shortest and arguably worst outing of the year back in May — beat Nova up for a second straight time, dropping seven earned runs (a season-high for Nova) on nine hits over 5.1 innings on the young righthander. [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Christina on Game Thread: Angels versus Yankees, Saturday July 14th
- walkfit platinum reviews on The TYA staff on the Yankees’ television and radio broadcast teams
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees