Once again the Yankees have an 8pm Eastern start against the Kansas City Royals. Ivan Nova looks to continue his recent string of strong starts, matching up against left-handed Danny Duffy. Duffy is a rookie, a lefty, and he’s never faced the Yankees before. He’s got a 4.97 ERA entering [...]
The following charts take a look back through the last five seasons to see how the Yankee offense has fared against the five major pitch types that Fangraphs keeps data for. I’ve excluded the splitter and knuckleball, as teams see the former maybe 2% of the time in a given season and the latter [...]
I’m going to keep this brief because it’s a subject I’ve touched on many times.
If you do not like advanced stats–and if you don’t, you probably aren’t reading this blog–that’s fine with me. I’ll try to convince you of their superiority, but if you don’t agree, I can’t force you to do anything [...]
The moral of the story is that Tex’s batted ball profile is all out of whack for whatever reason. Given what he’s [...]
I am not a prospect expert by any stretch, but unfortunately our writers who can speak to this sort of thing are all currently out of pocket. Still, we wanted to at least get something up regarding the Yankees’ draftee signings given last night’s deadline. I’m sure our staff will have much more on many [...]
A.J. Burnett wasn’t great — managing to mostly limit the damage in scattering 10 hits and allowing three runs over 5 2/3 innings — but was good enough to pick up his first win since June 29 (though in fairness, in the six Burnett starts prior to this one — save the 18-7 [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees