This isn’t meant as a knock on Brett Gardner, who, on the whole, has had a wonderful season in many respects. His speed and outfield defense are game-changing, and I absolutely love what he brings to the table.
Which is why I was a tad surprised to find that Gardner actually leads [...]
There’s big news in the land of Yankee catchers. Let’s start with the small stuff…
(The following is being syndicated from The Captain’s Blog).
When the Yankees beat the Orioles on Monday night, Robinson Cano was batting in the cleanup spot. Then, in the team’s victory over the Red Sox on Tuesday, Dustin Pedroia was batting fourth in the opposition lineup. Why is that significant? Because of the position [...]
Almost three weeks after suffering his fourth straight defeat against Boston, CC Sabathia delivered in kind on Tuesday night, throwing a season-high 128 pitches over six innings, striking out 10 and limiting the Red Sox to only two runs.
Following his messy August 6 start I took an in-depth look at the [...]
I’m back! My summer in the woods was fantastic, as always. I will now be writing regularly for the blog yet again. While I am away every summer, I always miss short-season baseball. I’m now presented with a nice, robust sample of number for two full Yankee teams to analyze. These statistics can be useful, [...]
Just typing the words of that title made me squirm a little bit. All things equal, I want Brian Cashman back as the General Manager of the New York Yankees. He’s a shrewd trade maker (see the Bobby Abreu and Nick Swisher deals) and he’s been good at finding useful parts on the cheap (see: [...]
As we’ve been hearing for weeks on end, the Yankees have been unusually horrible against the Red Sox all season long. Tonight though, they managed to prevail, 5-2. It’s certainly a much-needed win with the uncertainty that follows CC Sabathia in the rotation – Phil Hughes and A.J. [...]
TYA is incredibly pleased to once again have the opportunity to give away a very limited number of FREE Yankee tickets to two Yankee games next week against the Orioles! The lucky winners will have the opportunity to sit in the MasterCard Batter’s Eye Section in center field, recently immortalized in MasterCard’s excellent new
Sorry for the late thread, I guess everyone’s a little busy tonight (myself included). Here are the lineups courtesy of Lohud. Looks like a matchup of reverse locks: CC vs. the Red Sox and John Lackey vs. anybody. Go get ‘em fellas.
Brett Gardner LF
Derek Jeter SS
Curtis Granderson CF
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees