…there are other things going on in the Yankee trade-o-sphere aside from the Ubaldo Jimenez mania. Here’s a few hits from the last few days…
The Yankees and Rockies apparently discussed Ty Wigginton. Wigginton is signed through 2012 at $4M and has a 2013 option that’s also worth $4M and has a $0.5M buyout. He’s attractive in that he can stand in a bunch of places on the field and say he plays them, but he’s not particularly good at any of them. He’s got an okay bat that has some pop–.181 IsoP–but I’m still not horribly attracted to Wigginton as a target. With Eric Chavez starting his rehab today, I don’t see the point of trading for Wigginton.
The Padres and Yankees have discssed relievers, specifically Mike Adams. I’ve discussed Adams and his relief partner Heath Bell before, so I’ll be repeating myself here a bit. Adams is attractive in that he’s a) an excellent pitcher and b) under control beyond this season. 2012 will be his third year of arbitration. Bell is attractive because he’s a pure rental and that would drive his cost down; it doesn’t hurt that he’s an effective pitcher. So you’ve got to ask yourself what you want to do in terms of payment if you want these guys. Do you want to give up a “lower” (but probably still significant) cost for the rental in Bell or do you want to pay a higher cost for Adams, but have him for longer? Or, do you just want to skip trading for relievers altogether?
And in the non-Ubaldo starter division we get a note on the Yankees and their contact with Hiroki Kuroda, who apparently would prefer not to come to the East Coast (per his agent). That would, obviously, be a huge block because Kuroda does have full no-trade protection.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees