Right now, Derek Jeter is on pace to rejoin the Yankees on Monday. The Yankees will have a choice, though I’m not sure they’ll consider it so, on whom to option back to AAA Scranton-Wilkes Barre. Jeter will obviously take his spot back at shortstop (and atop the Yankee lineup) leaving one of Ramiro Pena or Eduardo Nunez without a spot on the team. If I had to place a bet on who’s going to be taking the bus back to Scranton, I’d put it my bet on Pena, but is that the best move?
Eduardo Nunez has been with the big league club all year and the results have been mixed at best. He’s shown flashes of the ability to be a regular shortstop, but he’s also been downright awful at times, both at the plate and in the field. Still, there’s some upside there and the organization clearly has faith in him. Ramiro Pena, on the other hand, pretty much is what he is, and that’s an all field/no hit infielder who can play the non-1B positions.
Call me nuts, but I think the Yankees should send Eduardo Nunez back to AAA to get some more seasoning. He clearly has more of a shot at being an every day player than Pena does and he could use some more pressure-free work on his throwing and on his approach at the plate. While he may get a good deal of guidance at the Major League level, I think it would be more valuable for him to get consistent plate appearances and time in the field at AAA. Pena has limited (no) upside and doesn’t suffer too much from not getting much playing time.
What do you guys think? Is this nuts? Am I way off base here?
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees