If you were waiting for the Ubaldo Jimenez trade talks to heat up, today was your day. Here’s a recap of today’s reports:
- MLB.com’s Peter Gammons says the Rockies are “looking for two prime prospects, along with one or two big-league ready players, including a starting pitcher.”
- SI.com’s Jon Heyman says the Rockies and Yankees match up well in an article on SI.com. But of course, our readers knew that already.
- Heyman tweeted this about Rockies 3B Ty Wigginton-”wigginton’s name came up in yankees-rox talk. could be good a-rod insurance”. The Rockies would probably like to move former 1st rounder Ian Stewart to 3B.
- Buster Olney reports that with Jimenez’s inexpensive contract through 2013, there would be high production at a low cost for any team acquiring the right-hander, with team control and very little financial risk.
- Rockies GM Dan O’Dowd told Troy Renck of the Denver Post that the Rockies would have to be “absolutely overwhelmed” to move Jimenez. Renck goes on to say “The Rockies aren’t shopping Jimenez. General manager Dan O’Dowd told me directly that he has no mandate to move money, that he’s not looking to sell.”
- Jon Heyman had the biggest news of the day, the first reported trade proposal-”rockies name price for ubaldo: montero, banuelos, betances & nova. nyy will do montero plus other pitchers (not those guys)”
Use this thread to kick around trade proposals, explain to your fellow commenters why their proposal makes no sense but yours is fabulous, or whatever else you want.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees