So I check in to the MLB trade rumors week in review, and you know what they have on the Yanks? Squat. Oh sure, they signed Marcus Thames to a minor league deal, and made a phone call to the Tampa Bay Rays that lasted about a minute. Other than that? Nothing.
And that’s just the way I like it. Did anyone hear anything about the Nick Swisher deal in 2008? Did anyone predict Cash was going to boldly swoop in and land Curtis Granderson the following year? Nope. Early in the morning last July, Joel Sherman woke us up with news of an almost completed deal for Cliff Lee. Kerry Wood? Lance Berkman? Nada, mi amigos. Brian is in ninja-mode, stealthily surveying the field before he strikes quickly, decisively and with deadly accuracy. I bet he doesn’t even call any other GMs this week. He just sits back, and when that phone rings the other GM doesn’t get to hang up the phone until a deal is struck.
Use this as your open thread for tonight, and don’t sit up waiting tonight for a rumor on a starter. There won’t be any rumors. By the time you catch wind of a rumor, it will already be a done deal.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees