The trade deadline is ever approaching and the rumors are swirling harder and harder. We heard yesterday that the Yankees are intensifying their pursuit of Dodgers starter Hiroki Kuroda and, of course, they’re still in on Rockies’ right hander Ubaldo Jimenez. So, I think this is a good time for us to have a nice discussion.
Given the current and future needs of the Yankees, would you rather trade for Jimenez or Kuroda?
The case for Kuroda:
1. The price will be considerably less.
2. He’ll be a free agent, so there’s no long term commitment. He could also net a compensation pick.
3. He fits a need as a durable and effective starter.
The case against Kuroda
1. The whole NL-to-AL thing. Meh.
2. He’s old.
3. He may not approve a trade.
The case for Jimenez
1. He’s a top-flite talent.
2. He’s cheap for at least 2012 and 2013.
3. He’s also a durable, effective starter.
The case against Jimenez
1. He’s going to cost a lot.
2. There’s been a velocity drop.
3. Again, the NL-to-AL thing. Again, meh.
I have no idea what the cost for Kuroda is going to be, but I can’t imagine it will be all that high. Maybe a B level prospect or a B level and a C level prospect. I do know that cost for Jimenez is likely to include Jesus Montero and one of Manny Banuelos or Dellin Betances. Even so, I think I’d rather trade for Jimenez. If the Yankees are going to make an upgrade, they might as well make one that helps them in not just 2011, but in 2012 and beyond. What do you think? Use the comments to argue amongst yourselves.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees