Hurray for no more Canada! Instead, the Yankees will be switching artificial surfaces as the team heads to the Trop for another four game set against divisional rivals, the Tampa Bay Rays. I suppose now is as good of a time as any to present the narratives; so, here we go bullet style!
- The Yanks will be facing, not one, but two starting pitchers that they haven’t seen before (Alex Cobb tonight, and Jeremy Hellickson tomorrow). So that should be a blast. If you haven’t had a chance to read Larry’s series preview, you should stop slacking and get on it because it’s good stuff!
- The Rays are fresh off a demoralizing 16 inning loss to the Red Sox. With any luck, their bullpen will be shot for tonight. TYA writer, Will, discusses how absurdly long matches affect a team on their next outing.
- Evidently, the Yankees have discovered how to effectively pitch Evan Longoria. Mark Simon explains.
- Ramiro Peña has been placed on the disabled list for four to six weeks after undergoing an emergency appendectomy. Brandon Laird has been called up from Scranton to take his place. Laird was batting .266/.296/.415 with 10 home runs in the minor leagues.
And on the mound:
RHP A.J. Burnett (8-7, 4.15)
RHP Alex Cobb (2-0, 3.41)
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees