If you had any doubt the Yanks need to acquire a starter, Phil Hughes should have answered them for you last night. Staked to a 14-2 lead, he was unable to last the required 5 innings to pick up the win. We can’t have much confidence in Hughes, we don’t know if Colon’s stem cell repaired shoulder will hold up, we don’t like Garcia facing the better lineups, and AJ….is who he is. The Yanks have one pitcher they can count on right now, and teams like that usually don’t go very far in October. But enough of me bitching. Burnett’s on the bump this afternoon, and I hope the Little Rock, AK product likes hot and humid weather, because he’s going to get plenty of it today.
Here’s your lineup, courtesy of LoHud:
1. Gardner LF
2. Jeter SS
3. Granderson CF
4. Teixeira 1B
5. Cano DH
6. Swisher RF
7. Martin C
8. Nunez 2B
9. Laird 3B
Brandon Laird gets his first big league start, after pinch hitting for DJ last night. If his brother Gerald gets on him for having a longer MLB career so far, he can always throw “I Pinch Hit for Derek Jeter” back at him. GO YANKS!!!!!
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees