The Mets already looked over matched in the subway series this year, losers of 4 of the first 5 contests in games that for the most part weren’t exactly nail biters. Now with their best offensive player on the shelf, this afternoon’s contest has the drama of a prisoner being led to a firing squad. All of which probably means that the Yanks will get blown out 14-0. That’s just baseball, Suzyn. The biggest obstacle today may be Mother Nature, with showers forecast until around 2:30.
Anyhoo, it’s time to unload my Twitter feed on you folks. Derek Jeter, Robinson Cano, Alex Rodriguez and Curtis Granderson have all been voted to the All-Star team, with Russel Martin ( who lost out to Alex Avila in a late surge of voting) named as a reserve. Mo also makes his annual All Star visit, but CC missed the cut. Eduardo Nunez is out of today’s game with a hamstring pull, but I suspect he’s really fine and this is just the Yankees attempt to stop him from embarrassing the Mets (7 for 8, 1HR) any further in this series. Lance Pendleton has been called up, but there’s still no word on who’s being sent down or DL’d. Beat writers keep tweeting that assuming Garcia gets through today without incident, Hughes will be in and Nova will be out of the rotation. But nothing’s finalized yet, and we still don’t know if he’ll be the long man or sent down to AAA. So much for the temporary 6 man rotation.
Here’s your lineup, courtesy of Chad Jennings over at LoHud:
Brett Gardner LF
Curtis Ganderson CF
Mark Teixeira 1B
Alex Rodriguez 3B
Robinson Cano 2B
Nick Swisher RF
Russell Martin C
Ramiro Pena SS
Freddy Garcia on the bump, with RA Dickey going for the Metropolitans. GO YANKS!!!!
UPDATE #2-Surprise, surprise, game is delayed. It’s not raining, but it will soon. No, really. It reeeeealy will, trust me.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees