The draft took place about a month ago now and the Yankees have signed 12 players so far. Here’s a look at who has signed at this point:
Sam Stafford and Justin James are the most recent signings to this point. Here’s how they’ve done so far in a very small sample of work:
Justin James, who has literally played in just one game so far, is a pretty exciting guy to keep your eyes on. He’s got a ton of tools but is raw (think Angelo Gumbs/Mason Williams), concentrating on baseball exclusively for the first time. He has 5 tool potential but won’t exactly be flying up the ladder. Cody Grice has been on the SI disabled list and hasn’t played since the 23rd of June. Dante Bichette and Zach Wilson both signed quickly. Bichette hasn’t really hit much but he’s shown a good approach at the plate. He’s got a great quirky early batting line of .184/.400/.289 to this point. So far, he hasn’t displayed much power. Zachary Wilson on the other hand is hitting well in Staten Island as one would expect of a player of his experience. The former Arizona State was playing in the NCAA super regionals about a month ago.
Zach Arneson and Phil Wetherell are relievers with good fastball velocity. Wetherell has an above average splitter and Arneson features a fringy cutter. Corey Maines and Branden Pinder are both sinker/slider guys. Pinder has an average changeup he’ll throw as well. Maines was a two way player in college, he started out in Staten Island but was moved down to the GCL in July. He dealt with some minor injury problems as well.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees