For 6.2 innings A. J. Burnett was in complete control. Up to that point he hadn’t allowed a run. In fact, he’d only allowed one hit through the first five innings. But he walked two in the seventh. Then, former Yankee farm hand Shelley Duncan singled in Grady Sizemore to make it 2-1 Yankees. Austin Kearns came up next and knocked a three run homer, his first of the season. Suddenly it was 4-2 Indians.
Josh Tomlin was excellent for the Tribe. At one point he had retired at least twelve consecutive Yankees. He didn’t allow a hit until the seventh inning, when Mark Teixeira singled. Later that inning Nick Swisher doubled in Tex and Robinson Cano to give the Yankees a 2-0 lead. At the time it looked like that would have been more than enough because up to that point Burnett had been unhittable. In total, Tomlin’s line was seven innings, three hits, two runs, one walk and five strike outs.
Curtis Granderson hit a solo shot in the eighth inning to make it a 4-3 ball game, but Cory Wade gave up a two run homer to Carlos Santana in the bottom of the inning, making it 6-4 Cleveland, putting the game out of reach for the Bombers. Fortunately, the Red Sox and Rays both lost earlier today, limiting any damage.
This was also Derek Jeter‘s first game back from the DL. You’ll be shocked to learn that he went 0-4.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees