Hurray for Fridays, the Yankees not being in Canada or Tampa any longer, non-artifical surfaces in general, upcoming weaker portions of the schedule, and non-divisional-rivalry matchups! Now if only we could do something about this blistering heat other than find the closest/most powerful air conditioning unit, we’d really be in business. Tonight’s game will mark Hughes’ third [...]
Mike Jaggers-Radolf’s excellent post on Brett Gardner, and several of the comments it generated, got me thinking about how he was a player that virtually everyone who follows the minor league missed on (see Mike Axisa’s mea culpa here). In particular, I wanted to address several points raised in the comment [...]
(The following is being syndicated from The Captain’s Blog).
With the trade deadline looming, the next 10 days could determine which teams will enter the stretch drive in the best position. For some clubs, however, the biggest impact could come from their upcoming schedule, not a potential acquisition.
After a disappointing 4-4 road trip [...]
Let’s get nuts.
Apparently the Rays are thinking about dealing right handed pitcher James Shields. Ken Rosenthal, however, says that an offseason deal is more likely. Let’s first assume that Shields will be available and that, even though we haven’t heard anything, the Yankees are interested. Honestly, why wouldn’t they be? Shields [...]
For those of you wondering whether the Yankees need to acquire a bat:
If the team finishes out July at its current monthly wOBA of .308, it would represent the Yankees’ worst monthly offensive output in nearly 10 years. The last time they posted a monthly wOBA this low was in September of 2001.
The A’s roll into town this weekend for the first of six games they’ll eventually have to play at Yankee Stadium this season. The Yankees already got the hard part out of the way, sweeping the A’s — who pitch to a 2.71 ERA/3.37 FIP at home and 3.61/3.77 marks on the road — on [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Christina on Game Thread: Angels versus Yankees, Saturday July 14th
- walkfit platinum reviews on The TYA staff on the Yankees’ television and radio broadcast teams
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees