The Yanks are back in action tonight against the pesky Blue Jays. They’ll be looking to pick themselves up after yesterday’s embarrassing 16-7 dismantling. In the spirit of Friday day humor, here’s an outstanding graphic compliments of The Onion. Use this as your game thread for the evening. If things get rough this evening, [...]
Deadspin recently released a not-so-scientific two-part list of the 100 worst Major League baseball players of all time. This inspired me to take a break from my usual beat of prospects, parentheticals, and rhetorical questions. Not surprisingly, several guys on this list spent time in a Yankee uniform at some point. I thought [...]
(The following is being syndicated from The Captain’s Blog).
Entering the season, many Yankee fans probably anticipated that Bartolo Colon would have his fair share of blowups. However, after such a strong first half, his effort in the Yankees’ 16-7 loss to the Blue Jays was more than just a little disconcerting. Expectations for Colon [...]
As many have noted, something seemed off with Bartolo Colon‘s non-performance against the Blue Jays last night. After the game, Colon himself noted that he doesn’t have complete confidence in his leg, and if that is indeed the case it sounds like he could use some additional time to heal from the [...]
So last night was hardly a banner night for the Yankee pitching staff. Bartolo Colon didn’t make it out of the first inning (though not all of it was his fault) and then each Yankee reliever gave up at least one run in the course of pitching in relief. Boone Logan was Boone Logan and [...]
Safe to say this was not the way the Yankees were hoping to kick off the second half of the season.
Events unfolded about as terribly as one could imagine in Thursday night’s ballgame, as the Blue Jays scored eight times in the first inning and led 9-0 after two. Though the eight first-inning runs [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Christina on Game Thread: Angels versus Yankees, Saturday July 14th
- walkfit platinum reviews on The TYA staff on the Yankees’ television and radio broadcast teams
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees