The Yanks topped the Rays 5-4 in a see-saw match on Saturday afternoon, and while the win was of utmost importance for a team that had flailed about for much of the past week, Derek Jeter‘s 3,000th hit — a game-tying solo home run off David Price — was [...]
In case you didn’t hear, Derek Jeter got his 3000th hit today. That’s certainly the big story of the day, and it’s great for him to get the pressure of the 3000th hit off his chest. However, for the Yankees as a team, there is recent news that may significantly impact their season going forward. [...]
DJ3K happening at home took a big hit with yesterday’s rain out. He’s just 2 hits away, but will be facing one of the best pitchers in the American League in David Price. For his career Derek is 6-25 (.240) facing the big Lefty. Pitching for the Yanks is AJ Burnett, who’s looking to [...]
The following is a guest post from TYA reader Sam Menzin. Sam plays baseball at Swarthmore College, and has interned with a Major League Baseball team as well as a baseball agency, dealing with arbitration research and preparation. Sam can be reached at smenzin at gmail dot com.
Earlier this week, the interwebs were abuzz with rumors that the Yankees have their eye on Nats lefty Sean Burnett. At first glance, he doesn’t appear to be all that appealing for a team trying to win the World Series this year. His stuff isn’t anything special, he throws a 90ish fastball that [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
- Multitech-Info.Com.pl on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- adult toys for women glass on Ladies and Gents, we now have a formula for winning in October
- monster beats tour on Midseason Prospect Rankings
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees