Not to discredit Oakland’s pitching staff, but as I noted in my Mariners preview last Friday, for all the impressive numbers the A’s’ starters have put up, they’d only played five of their first 50 games against teams from the AL East.
Oakland’s gotten yet another lesson in how we do things on the east coast these last few days, as the Yankees pounded de facto ace Brett Anderson for nine earned runs (10 total) over 5 1/3 innings, en route to a 10-3 win. Anderson and rotationmate Trevor Cahill‘s groundballing shenanigans may work against the lesser offenses of the AL West and Central, but to the Yankees’ credit, they’ve gotten runs when they’ve needed to against two of the top pitchers in the American League.
Curtis Granderson continued his “If Jose Bautista Didn’t Exist I’d be MVP” campaign with another three-hit day, including his 17th home run of the season. Alex Rodriguez also picked up three more singles and drove three in, and while I feel ridiculous complaining about any level of production, Alex has been a singles machine of late, and hasn’t knocked an extra-base hit since May 21 against the Mets. As long as he’s getting on base, that’s great, but I’d like to see a tad more power out of the team’s cleanup hitter. Robinson Cano also launched a mammoth two-run blast that essentially put the game out of hand at 7-1.
Freddy Garcia posted another respectable start, doing to Oakland’s lineup what Ivan Nova couldn’t to the Mariners’, going seven innings and giving up three runs. The teams finish the series up at 3:35pm this afternoon, with A.J. Burnett facing Gio Gonzalez.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees