Two solo home runs by Ty Wigginton, one by Chris Iannetta and a sac fly by Todd Helton had the Rockies ahead of the Yankees 4-3 after the top of the 6th inning. However, one inning after battling back to tie the score on a Nick Swisher two-run bomb and Jorge Posada solo shot, the Yankees came back again to tie the game on an Alex Rodriguez single in the bottom half of the frame and went ahead for good the following inning on an Eduardo Nunez single.
This was not Ivan Nova‘s finest outing, yielding the aforementioned four runs over six innings, striking out four and walking three. The three home runs allowed were a career-high. Thankfully the Yankee offense was able to fight back — which was all the more impressive considering Juan Nicasio sat down the first 13 straight men he faced, but ultimately would only last five-plus innings — and the bullpen completely locked things down, as Boone Logan(!), David Robertson and Mariano Rivera combined for three hitless innings, and Mo capped the game off in classic Mo fashion, striking out the side to preserve the Yankees’ 6-4 victory.
The Yankees have gone 12-4 since that painful second sweep by the Sox at home, and are 15-8 during the month of June. The team gets another important day off tomorrow before hosting the NL Central-leading Brewers for three starting Tuesday evening.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees