What we need is pitching. Period. We’re already scoring plenty of runs. We need fresh arms, not castoff bats – no matter how cheaply they come. If Brian Cashman is wasting a single minute of his time between now and the deadline on anything other than shoring up our rotation and bullpen, I will be very unhappy indeed.
I’ll admit that pitching should be the priority on Brian Cashman’s shopping list during the coming trade season. The first thing he needs to do is find a reliable starting pitcher to back up CC Sabathia. That’s obviously a lot easier said than done, but all efforts should be made to make that a reality. After that, I could see the Yankees trying to trade for a bullpen arm, but I doubt that happens.
A trade for a bat may not happen and may not be very likely, but that doesn’t mean it shouldn’t happen or that it’s a bad thing if Cashman goes that route. The two things are not, in my eyes, mutually exclusive. Just because Cashman aims to do one thing doesn’t mean he can’t be working to do another. While we may have a “one track mind” in terms of team improvement, a general manager shouldn’t and can’t be thinking in the same way. He should always be trying to improve the team in a meaningful way and if that means acquiring a bat, so be it. Like I said, I doubt that’s number one on his mind and it shouldn’t be, but that doesn’t mean he shouldn’t keep his eye out for bats that could become available.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees