Just when it seemed like things couldn’t get any worse, the Yankee offense managed to score an impressive zero runs in the first non-playoff Saturday night game at Yankee Stadium in seemingly forever, as Josh Beckett threw six more scoreless innings to run his streak against the Yankees to 14 straight leading Boston to a 6-0 victory, and handing the Yankees their fourth straight loss. The Yankees only put together two four-game losing streaks all year last season, both of which came during Their miserable September. Also, according to our own William, this was the first time the Yankees have been blanked by Boston two times in one season since 2000.
Not even really sure what to say at this point. If you’re a Yankee fan, this past week has been almost completely devoid of joy. CC Sabathia looked great until the 5th, when he gave up two runs, and though he battled and gave the team another strong outing, the wheels unfortunately came off in the 7th. CC’s final line was an ugly 6.2 innings of six-run ball. Of course, with the way the Yankee bats have been going (0-10 with runners in scoring position; eighty-three runners left on base during their last 11 games), Boston could’ve won 1-0 and it would’ve felt like 1,000,000 to 1.
I can’t say I’m terribly optimistic about the Yankees getting back on track against their personal kryptonite, Jon Lester, but given that just about everything that can possibly go wrong has indeed gone wrong, perhaps they’ll finally snap out of this insane funk and pick up a much-needed win.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees